Canada routes

Sue

Canada routes

Sue
When making a route in Canada, I get the message that Google Maps does not support bicycle routing here. However, when using Google Maps directly, I am able to choose bicycle mode and it works pretty well (at least in Toronto, I don't know about the rest of Canada). I guess maybe this is an outdated setting on your site?

Re: Canada routes

Leigh Chinitz
Administrator
Sue,

Right you are, and thanks for the note.  I changed it on the site.  I need to figure out where Google has implemented this layer.  I'm sure there is a more clever way to do it.  But Canada is fixed now, anyway.  Let me know if it is not.

Leigh

Re: Canada routes

Leigh Chinitz
Administrator
In fact, Google themselves are still behind the times on this one.  Here is the link to their API, the section about travel modes.
http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/directions/#TravelModes

In it, it says "bicycling requests bicycling directions via bicycle paths & preferred streets (currently only available in the US)."

Maybe Google is confused about the difference between the US and Canada.
Sue

Re: Canada routes

Sue
It works like a charm!! This just became WAY more useful for me. Thanks so much!

Re: Canada routes

Leigh Chinitz
Administrator
No problem at all.  I really appreciate it when people give feedback (rather than just being disappointed and going away.)  So thank you for that.

Leigh