Quantcast

Cannot download gpx garmin file

Mike
I cannot download the gpx garmin, or any other file, of the ride I generate.  When I click on the gpx link at the top of the page, a new window opens with text about the ride.  Is that how this is supposed to work?

Re: Cannot download gpx garmin file

Leigh Chinitz
Administrator
Hi Mike,

You should "select all" within that window that opens up, and then paste everything into any text editor.  As far as I know, I can't write RouteLoops to create a file on your computer, because it's a security threat.

So, to be overly descriptive:
(1) Click the GPX or TCX file button
(2) Click in the new window that has opened up
(3) Select all (Edit menu, Select All, or Ctrl+A)
(4) Copy this (Edit menu, Copy, or Ctrl+C)
(5) Open a text editor, like Notepad
(6) Within the text editor, paste everything (Edit menu, Paste, or Ctrl+V)
(7) Save the text file as something like Myfile.gpx

Hope this helps.

Leigh