Next project suggestion

W. Reiser
I'm originally a MapMyRide user who recently saw your algorithm advertised by said site.  While riding the other day, I came across a problem I'd really enjoy seeing someone fix.

I'm a road cyclist in a town that's not big on road cycling, so I do my best to follow the rules.  But when it comes to shorter, sprint workouts that I'd like to be able to do without leaving the neighborhood (since that means fighting moderately heavy traffic that's 80% pickup trucks), I'd like to find a route that has the longest length(s) of uncontrolled travel.  Sure, I could figure it out for the section (square mile) neighborhood I live in, but like your impetus says, what about when that route gets boring?

Can you folks develop an option for your routes that favors intersections with two-way (controlled cross-traffic) stop signs?  I'd really love to use your application to find good, quick workouts that let me get up some speed without blowing through stop signs.

Thanks,
Will
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." -- Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Re: Next project suggestion

Leigh Chinitz
Administrator
I'll look into it.  Google Maps doesn't give you much visibility into the roads, but I just built an OSM version of RouteLoops, and you do have more information there.  Let me see what I can figure out.