Quantcast

Problems with OSMAND

gnappino
I'm italian and i use bike near venice with osmand and gpx format created by routeloops with OpenStreetMaps but it dont works ok because the resolution of the file and ' too low. 50km me to create a file of only 60kb in size. They serve absolutely by the two / three times the points that are there now because I have problems with roundabouts that are not seen often and tells me to go back and do a reverse "u" because it often gpx point does not match the layout of the map and i use the same osm original vector map , but the roads are also moved to 10mt . The problem is that the wrong way OsmAnd occurs in the centers of the countries where the roads between the houses are too close because you have to add also the error of the GPS on board the phone that can be up to 15 meters. OsmAnd simply follow the trail map gpx completely ignoring the map and in fact does not read the street names but it tells me only continue for 100m or turn right and turn left. The latest version 1.7 alpha if I leave the path troppio meters recalculate locally by saying the name of the street until you return to the original route is then no longer reads the names of the streets. serve a function that I have seen only in the copilot software that optimizes your route when the points of the track file correspond to the roads on the map . Or that the gpx file does not contain the path but only intermediate points so is the only way to force OsmAnd to calculate the path corresponding to the roads on the map . I attach the photo where you can see the problems due to the low resolution of the gpx file Screenshot_2014-04-13-20-11-11.png Screenshot_2014-04-13-20-12-23.png Screenshot_2014-04-13-20-13-06.png Screenshot_2014-04-13-20-13-50.png Screenshot_2014-04-13-20-15-05.png Screenshot_2014-04-13-20-15-37.png

Re: Problems with OSMAND

Leigh Chinitz
Administrator
Which version of the GPX file are you using?

On the Import/Export menu there are two buttons that create a GPX file.

GPX <rte> is LOW RESOLUTION.
GPX <trk> is HIGH RESOLUTION.

Do you still have this issue if you generate the GPX file using GPX <trk>?