Quantcast

Street length

Matthew
Is there a way to make this program not be limited to using the WHOLE street length?  Allowing it to use fractions of the streets length?

If so, then I believe that would improve the accuracy of the application.

I am not certain if this is a concern, but at first blush, it would appear as though this would limit the programs ability to create unique routes because it may designate a change in distance that a person runs down a particular street as a different route.  Ex:
Route 1:  Street A for .5 miles, and Street B for 1.5 miles
Route 2:  Street A for 1 mile, and Street B for 1 mile.

This could be avoided by having the program recognize a unique route based on the street name combination.

Re: Street length

Leigh Chinitz
Administrator
Hi Matthew,

I guess this is related to your comment in the other thread.  As far as I know, there is no limitation requiring the use of an entire street.  Especially in the current implementation of the algorithm, I don't think such a limitation exists at all.  It used to be that you had to tell the program if you would allow it to exit a street or not, but now, that's not really an issue.

If you have an example of a route where you think you are seeing this effect, feel free to send me a permalink and I'll take a look.

Leigh